What is Family Mediation?
Family mediation is a voluntary process where an independent, professionally trained mediator helps separating couples find solutions to issue that arise as a result of divorce or separation.
Our Approach to Family Mediation
Our team of experts are highly experienced in family mediation. We regularly advise clients on how mediation can be used as an effective way of resolving family law issues, including arrangements for children. Sarah Jelly, Hazel Manktelow, Gemma Hope, Kate Elliott, Mark Harrop, Farhana Shahzady and Jayne Llewelyn are the team’s qualified mediators.
Our team take the following approach:
- We will skilfully guide you in your discussions.
- We will give you guidance as to whether the terms you want to agree to will be approved by the court.
- We will provide a safe and structured forum for discussion.
- We will help you to find the solutions.
- We will facilitate and control the production and review of paperwork and ensure ideas and proposals are reality checked.
- Where appropriate we will invite you to involve your children in the process, enabling their voices to be heard.
- We will ensure that decisions are balanced and safe.
We have put together a range of downloadable resources to explain some of the benefits of mediation, how the process works and why it might be right for you. To access each resource, click on the circles below.